Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Wednesday May 27. If Saved We Are the Living Dead. Romans 6:2

w

Romans 6:2 New King James Version (NKJV)

Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

Died to sin; we have
  • past tense.  We do not die to sin.  We do not pray for sin to die.
  • Sin, the dictator, has died.
  • We, the old person-way-of-life under the control of Sin has died...to the the former way life.
  • Our relationship to sin has died.
  • It no longer can abuse us to serve it.
  • We no longer have the love for it as we did.
  • We and sin can never be the same.  It was a permanent "breakup" which can never be reconciled.  Christ ended it and it can never be allowed to rule us again, because He has now become our Lord and King.
  • Christ in us has become our new Life and Way of living.
  • Sin can never be as it used to be.  We may try, but the payment is only misery.
  • Sin died so Christ would live.  Christ in us can never be silenced and He can never be fought against and won.  We cannot win in sin, nor lose Christ and His relationship of bringing us into obedient submission and becoming transformed by Him, in Him.
  • We may struggle in sins, but Christ came to destroy sins and His plan is to lead us by His teachings and power to rid sins out of our life.  No sin will be unaddressed and ignored.  He will point to every sin in your life.  He has a lifetime to do it.
We can no longer continue in any sin.

Are you living in sin?

Living in sin is not limited to living in sexual immorality

It is the conscious practice of willingness to practice a sin without any intent to stop.

This might be lust, cursing, drunkenness, sexual sins, covetousness, bitterness, wrath, etc.

When we were unsaved, we lived in sin.  We lived in a sphere, a territory of defined boundaries.  That sphere was the power of serving Sin.  Everything we did was to serve lawlessness toward God.  When God demanded a rule in our life, we denied obedience.  Living without God was our greatest violation.  We served Sin.  We chose not to deny Sin to serve God.

Sin demanded that God have no place in our life and persuaded us that "self" would be a better Decider and a better Ruler of our life.

It is the "me" world of what I want and what is good for me.

It is my opinion, what I believe.

It is what I want to do or don't want to do.

I am boss and no one will tell me what to do, even God.

I will not submit to God or anybody.

I will do what I want to do.

A Christian cannot make these statements unless he is play-acting Christian.  Real Christians defined in Romans chapter six cannot truly make these statements.
A true Christian does not want to sin, though he does and may have a lot if sins he does in his life and may be very slow making progress to end them  But the desire to be free from all sin defines him as a child of God.
Sin is ever present in me but not as a King.  He still deceives, but Christ is now Lord and now requires us to follow Him, take up the cross, deny self and become His disciples [learners of Him].  This is a process of growing with Christ with responsibility left to us how much we will follow Him with our whole heart and endure following Him no matter how far behind we may be.  If our heart always aims for full obedience, yet still fumbling with sins, Christ will  bring us to the place of complete freedom and growth in the areas we desire.

Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 

He will fulfill your desires to eliminate sins in your life.  It is a process by growing in experience with and in Christ.  Christ convicts, we confess.  We may spend a lot of time going through this process.  But if we endure in deepening our relationship with Christ, Christ will reveal the way out.

"Dear Lord, you know my heart.  I do hate anything you hate.  I do want to please you in every way.  Be merciful and patient with me.  I will continue to keep my life pure with confession and repentant, but I do want to put an end to some of things my conscience and heart tells me to stop.  Show me the Way, the Truth, and the path to Life of freedom.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment